Monday, February 12, 2007
It's Valentine's Week so I'm naming it LOVE WEEK here at Mom's..
"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone--we find it with another." -- Thomas Merton
Today: Do you believe in Destiny???
The dictionary defines destiny as:
des·ti·ny /ˈdɛstəni/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[des-tuh-nee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -nies.
1. something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune.
2. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.
3. the power or agency that determines the course of events.
4. (initial capital letter) this power personified or represented as a goddess.
5. the Destinies, the Fates.
The second definition is what I'm talking about today...Is my life predetermined?? If I had chose A instead of B would I still be in the exact same position???
I'm kinda on the fence about it..I believe I still would've married Sheldon and then Steven...Kat, Liz and Connor were predestined to be my children. (Lucky them I know). BUT here's where I differ. I believe that you have choices with your life that everything isn't predetermined..Otherwise where would free will come in???
I find it hard to believe that some of the things I've gone through and put up with in my life were predetermined for ANYONE. What about things like Cancer and Aids??? Were these predetermined for someone to get or (in the case of Aids) was it YOUR choices that you used YOUR own free will to make that caused you to get the disease.
What do you think was your life predetermined???