Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Stress...

Ok admit it we are all stressed at times. Me more than others since I live with "they who can destroy the house in 30 seconds flat..."...(seriously they can). Add that to the fact I have become 'she who does not know how to say NO to people' and I have a PROBLEM. At least one of my stress factors is gone (bye bye Stats class..) I only have 362 others to take it's place...I ran across this on the internet (or email..who know) the other day and thought hmmm good advice.


The Ten Commandments to a Stress free Life.
1. You shall not be perfect, or even try to be. ~~ Got that one down to a tee..

2. You shall not try to be all things to all people.

3. You shall sometimes leave things undone. ~~Yes and then inevitably some idiot will show up at the house and boom you're a 'dirty person'

4. You shall not spread yourself too thin.

5. You shall learn to say “no”.

6. You shall schedule time for yourself. ~~Yep I'll work on that one...oh but wait in scheduling time for yourself remember babysitting is $5/hr per kid.

7. You shall switch yourself off, and do nothing regularly. ~~ no problemo

8. You shall not even feel guilty for doing nothing, or saying no. ~~even when people give you the 'sad' face.

9. You shall be boring, untidy, inelegant, and unattractive at times. ~~oh yeah I have that one down...seriously if I don't have to get dressed..well you can see where this is going.

10. You shall not be your own worst enemy. But, be your own best friend. ~~Well I have to since I don't have a 'best' friend..shoot sometimes I feel I don't have friends at all

2 comments:

Becky L said...

i know exactly what you mean about being able to say no.

i too have spread myself too thin. i'm doing so much right now and it really is too much. i feel overwhelmed constantly, and its really making me depressed.
:o(

Special K ~Toni said...

For some reason I can say no. If someone asks me for something, saying no isn't the problem. The problem is not to laugh at them for having the balls to actually ask me. I try not to be nice. But you already knew that, right?